- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people-influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
- If you get sick, CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
ICGFM Promotes Knowledge Transfer Among Public Financial Management Experts
Working globally with governments, organizations, and individuals, the International Consortium on Governmental Financial Management is dedicated to improving financial management by providing opportunities for professional development and information exchange.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
ICGFM is Monitoring Influenza Situation prior to Spring Conference
ICGFM is closely monitoring information and guidance from federal and international agencies concerning appropriate precautions regarding the swine flu. We are also members of industry organizations that have extensive guidelines for this type of situation. We are preparing to take actions as necessary and appropriate to ensure the safety of our attendees. We will post updated information here as it becomes available.
There are steps individuals should take to protect themselves from infection (source: Center for Disease Control and Prevention):
We recommend that attendees monitor the situation at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.