24th. Annual International Consortium on Governmental Financial Management (ICGFM) Conference Announced
Jim Ebbitt, President of ICGFM, provided an overview of the upcoming Annual Conference, during his closing remarks at the Winter Conference Inter-American Development Bank.
Mr. Ebbitt, of Mosley and Associates, introduced the theme of the 24th. ICGFM Conference, to be held from May 16 to 21 in Miami Florida, as the "New Normal" of Public Financial Management (PFM):
- More erratic revenue flows for mineral-based economies
- Unprecedented debt loads in era of stimulus programs
- Increasing competition in the global economy
- Unexpected currency fluctuations
- Increasing demand for transparency and good governance
The 2009 Annual Conference attracted public financial management professionals from more than 50 countries. This upcoming conference is an excellent venue for public servants to learn and share good practices.
Mr. Ebbitt also pointed out that the conference is an excellent opportunity for organizations to reach the global Public Financial Management market at a single event. Sponsorship opportunities are available.2009 ICGFM Sponsorship Opportunities